K.C. Auto Services are approved by the Government appointed Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency and all MOT tests are completed by MOT testers nominated by DVSA.
An MOT test is a road safety measure introduced by the Ministry of Transport as a means of ensuring that all vehicles on the road are roadworthy, properly maintained and meet a minimum safety and environmental standard. An MOT test should be taken every year from the third anniversary of the vehicle.
MOTs | From £35.00
Our technicians are DVSA Nominated Testers (NT). We will perform an MOT and if there is any work that needs to be done we will contact you.
Driving with no MOT = £1,000 fine
Why Choose Us?
- MOT and service bays - We have three ton and four ton lifts enabling us to carry out servicing and repairs on small cars to commercial transit vans.
- FREE courtesy car - We can provide a courtesy car, subject to availability, and deliver your car back to you at a pre-arranged time.
- FREE collection service - We will collect your vehicle from your home or place of work. This allows you the freedom to have your vehicle collected, have a service, MOT or repair work carried out while you are at work or about your daily business. Once the work is completed we will return your vehicle to you, no fuss, no hassle.
...Read more about us
Does your vehicle need an MOT? Make an appointment
- Vehicle identification number (VIN) - A vehicle identification number must be permanently displayed and legible on a vehicle first used on or after 1 August 1980.
- Registration plate - Condition, security, legibility and format of letters/numbers.
- Lights - Condition, operation, security and correct colour. The headlamps will also be checked to see if the aim is correct.
- Steering and suspension - Correct condition and operation.
- Wipers and washers - Operate to give the driver a clear view of the road.
- Windscreen - Condition and drivers view of the road.
- Horn - Correct operation and type.
- Seatbelts - All seatbelts installed are checked for type, condition, operation and security. All compulsory seatbelts must be in place.
- Seats - Front seats secure. Front and rear seats can be secured in the upright position.
- Fuel system - No leaks, fuel cap fastens correctly and seals securely. The fuel cap will need to be opened. Make sure the key is available.
- Exhaust emissions - Vehicle meets the requirement for exhaust emission. These vary on the age and fuel type of the vehicle.
- Exhaust system - Complete, secure, without serious leaks and silences effectively.
- Vehicle structure - Free from excessive corrosion or damage in specific areas. No sharp edges.
- Doors - Open and close. Latch securely in closed position. Front doors should open from inside and outside the vehicle. Rear doors may need to be opened to gain access to testable items.
- Mirrors - Presence, condition and security.
- Wheels and tyres - Condition, security, tyre size and type, and tread depth. Spare tyres are not tested.
- Brakes - Condition, operation and performance (efficiency test). Suitable vehicles will be tested on a roller brake tester. Vehicles such as those with permanent 4-wheel drive will be tested either on a suitable road using a properly calibrated and maintained decelerometer or, if one is installed at the test station, a plate brake tester.
An MOT test should be taken every year from the third anniversary of the vehicle.
If you are unsure about the MOT status of a vehicle, you can check here: https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-status
It is the vehicle owners responsibility to ensure that a vehicle is roadworthy. MOT tests are compulsory by law and check that your vehicle meets road safety and environmental standards.
We can supply a duplicate MOT certificate.
If you have lost or damaged your MOT certificate we can provide a new one for £10.00. We will need the vehicle registration number and either the original MOT test number, or V5C document reference number.
If your vehicle fails its MOT we will contact you immediately to discuss what needs to be done in order for it to pass.
Once you have agreed and any work needed has been carried out, we re-test your vehicle for free.
If you feel that your vehicle has failed an MOT test unfairly, we will halt work on your vehicle and provide you with a DVSA appeal form VT17.
Further information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/getting-an-mot/problems-with-your-test-result
If your vehicle passes you will receive an MOT certificate and your test record will be entered onto the government database.
If your vehicle fails an MOT and/or your previous certificate has expired, you can only drive your vehicle to have the failed defects repaired or to a pre-arranged MOT test appointment.
If your car is unroadworthy you could be stopped and prosecuted by Police. If you are concerned about moving your vehicle, please call us on 01394 420690
and arrange a time for us to collect it safely.
When a technician performs an MOT test they will also make note of any problems with your vehicle that need addressing.
For example, if your tyres passed the MOT but need replacing soon.
...Read all FAQs